Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why today...

I could tell you that I decided to start in November since most people associate November with Thanksgiving and being thankful for things. Seems simple doesn't it.

That is really is way to simple for me though. Here is how it really came about-
We got a freak snowstorm in October here in Ct. It managed to knock power out for much of the state for over a week. We were very lucky to never lose power but most of my friends and family were not. I ended up taking in my kid's friends for a week long sleepover. I cooked for us, them and for my sister who was taking care of my dad during the storm. It was a long week and there was a lot of complaining going on from those around us but I realized that I was having a great time. The kids were laughing and making me laugh. We were playing games, cooking together, playing in the snow. We didn't leave the house for a week and no one got on each others nerves. I couldn't believe it. Thinking about this brought about my first thankful post:

Today I am thankful for a houseful of kids-some mine, some not-who are bringing a lot of laughter to my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment