Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Here come the clowns

For those of you who don't know-I am a girl scout leader to two troops. That means every week I have to come up with activities to keep approximately 20 girls happy and busy with a budget of like $1.00 a meeting. Needless to say, there are some weeks I can not come up with anything. I was just about to sit down tonight to try to pull tomorrows meeting out my butt when I get an email. It is from my friend Gina who wrote "I just came across your name and it reminded me-

What is your request for girlscouts this year?

What day and time?"

She was offering to run a meeting for me. Now this wouldn't be just any kind of meeting because Gina also goes by the name of GiGi and she just happens to be a clown. Not a 'come to your kids birthday party and make people uncomfortable' kind of clown-she was a Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey kind of clown. She is an "I own my own circus" kind of clown. When someone like that offers to do a meeting for you, you jump on it.

I emailed her back "how's tomorrow?" and she was in. She is going to teach my girls how to juggle and do plate spinning. Does it get any cooler than that? I am so excited-not only because she is coming but also because I now have my night free and can watch bad TV while I stalk people on Facebook. Yeah me!

So, today I am thankful for good friends who come through just when you need them the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment