Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Is it weird to be thankful for a storm?

A couple things happened during this storm that reminded me why is is so important to be thankful for your family.

First, my sister got into a car accident that while it totaled her car she was able to walk away with minor injuries.

My brother-in-law called to tell me about the accident and there was nothing I could do but wait to hear how she was. I checked on my niece, her daughter, to see how she was holding up, and I told my hubby and kids. In those few hours all I could think of was what if...

Luckily, she was a sore but o.k. but it was a scary few hours. My oldest daughter, clung to me the whole time to make sure I was going to be o.k. too.

Next, while my sister was home recovering, my dad called to say that he was without power and running out of oxygen. I had to call 911 for him. The EMT's were great and got him breathing better again but we knew we had to move him. He ended up staying with my sister so they could both recover together.

That left me in charge of everyone (my mom and other sister were in Florida this whole time). I brought meals, ran to the store, checked on houses, and brought everyone to the Dr. All this while having my kids and their friends for the week. It was a crazy week but we survived.

I came away with it with a better understanding of my dad and all that he had done throughout his life and a stronger bond with my sister as we laughed over things that I'm not sure were even funny.

So today, I am grateful for my family-as crazy as we are we are ALWAYS there for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment